You may add an event either anonymously without logging in or as a registered user.
You may add an event either anonymously without logging in or as a registered user. If you want to edit the event later, we recommend that you register. You will not be able to edit the event unless you have logged in.
PLEASE NOTE: When entering the event, be sure to complete the fields for the different language versions (EN and RU), if you also want your event to be displayed in the languages in question. Naturally, the English page must contain text in English and the Russian page in Russian.
Name: Enter a descriptive name for your event
Location: Name of the venue
Published: Select whether the event is published. If you do not make the selection, the event will not be displayed on the website. As a registered user, you can enter the information for your event in advance and publish it later, if necessary. Remember the language versions again. As a registered user, you can, for example, first publish your event in Finnish and then come back later to complete the other language versions and publish them.
Description: Enter a description of your event.
Price: If the event is subject to a fee, enter the price here.
The event is free of charge
The event is accessible
The event has no age limit
- Select as necessary
Link to the sales/booking/registration system
- Enter the URL for the registration page, if any.
Text for the sales/booking/registration button
- Enter the text for the button that will take the user to the ticket sales, registration or booking page (remember the language versions).
Categories: Select one or more categories to which the event is associated.
Tourist areas: Select the area in which the event takes place.
- Events in the Kotka–Hamina region are also displayed on the www.kaakko135.fi website according to the following categories: Films, Libraries, Sports and exercise, Nature and outdoor activities, Markets, fairs and sales, Music, Exhibitions and museums, Guided tours and trips, Cruises, Food and drink, Dance, Theatre and Other events. Events are displayed on the www.kotkahamina.fi website according to the following categories: Housing, Libraries, Films, Theatre, Meetings and congresses, Courses and workshops, Lectures and seminars, Markets, fairs and sales, Take part and make a difference, Cursor Oy’s events and Other events.
- Tourist events in the Kouvola region are displayed on the www.visitkouvola.fi website.
- Events in Kouvola are displayed on the Kouvola.fi and nuortenkouvola.fi websites.
Target groups: Select a target group for the event
- Events for the Tourists target group in the Kotka–Hamina region are also displayed on the www.kaakko135.fi website and events in the Kouvola region on the www.visitkouvola.fi website. (Always select the Tourists target group if you want the event to be displayed on the www.kaakko135.fi and www.visitkouvola.fi websites.) You may select other
target groups; for example, events for the Families with children, Residents, Entrepreneurs and Associations target groups will be displayed on the www.kotkahamina.fi website for the Kotka–Hamina region and on the www.kouvola.fi website for the Kouvola area, and events for young people on the www.nuortenkouvola.fi website.
Contact information: Please fill in your contact information carefully.
Start date and time:
- Select a date from the calendar as well as a time.
- Specify whether you wish to create a recurring event (daily, weekly or monthly).
- For recurring events, you can specify the start date and time, frequency of recurrence (daily, weekly or monthly) as well as the number or end date of recurrences. The start date and time refer to the time of the first event, and then the event will recur regularly either for the number of times specified or until the end date is reached.
If the event recurs every week but not on the same day/at the same time, enter each date separately.
Adding an image:
• Minimum width 700 pixels and height 400 pixels (if your image fills almost the entire screen without blurring, the size is sufficient)
• File size under 10 MB
• RGB colours
• JPG, JPEG or PNG format
- Enter a caption for the image (description of the content and name of the photographer).
- Specify whether this is the main image (shown the largest in the event card).
- You may add several images. Maximum of 3 images. If you want to add more images, select Add new.
- Horizontal images are preferred.
- Alt text and description
Adding a video:
For example, add a YouTube video in an iframe. Select the code and place it in the content field to embed the video.
Adding a link:
If your event has a Facebook event page, for example, you may add a link to the page here. Name the link, copy it from the browser’s address bar and paste it here.
Adding a file:
You may add an invitation or other material concerning the event here (PDF). You must add the files by linking. This means linking the file to a third-party file sharing service, such as Dropbox, and sharing the link in the event card.
By creating a new user account it is faster to add new events in the future. We treat all information confidentially.